The basics of being an author
Dragonfly is based on a royalty-free poetry on demand model. This means that when you place an item on Dragonfly, you’re granting the end viewer the right to view and read your item, but you retain ownership of the item. Placement of an item on Dragonfly allows you the author to expose your work to as many people that use the service. Once you upload an item, it can be viewed ten times, a hundred times, a thousand times! How you get paid is described below.
Everything you sell as an author on Dragonfly must be your own original content, and if you use any material that are owned by someone else, you must have a license that grants you permission to use and resell them.
We ask that as an author you always abide by the Author Terms and the following rules:
- The items you upload must be your own composition and creation. Do not submit works based on other people’s composition.
- You must have the rights to license the items you upload, either because they are your own original content, or because you have a license that grants you permission to resell any third-party content included with your item (if applicable).
- If you believe that anyone on the Dragonfly site has copied one of your items or is otherwise infringing upon intellectual property rights, please report it to us.
- Do not ‘like’ your own items or engage in other conduct with the intention of defrauding Dragonfly or other authors.
- Do not upload items that contain/constitutes hate material, discrimination, explicit profanity, depravity, violence and/or deemed illegal.
- Everything uploaded to Dragonfly should be appropriate for commercial sale.
So what now?
That’s it. If you have any more questions, please look at our knowledgebase (coming soon).
Otherwise, we hope you have lots of success as an author on Dragonfly!