1. Hi, welcome to Dragonfly. It’s good to meet you and we’re really glad you’re keen on becoming an author with us.
2. Imagine creating the poems you want, when you want, from the comfort of your own home, making passive income whether you’re working or not. Some of our authors post poems in their free time as a hobby, some do it to get their name out there, and some take home a pay.
3. Becoming an author is easy and if you’ve reached this point then you’re already a member and you’ve accepted our Author Guide. These additional terms for authors (‘Author Terms’) are an extra part of the Dragonfly Terms that apply specifically to authors on Dragonfly. You’ll need to agree to them before you can become an author. These govern the relationships, rights and obligations of authors to us and end viewers using Dragonfly. You agree to put your items on Dragonfly and make them available to end viewers on the basis stated in theDragonfly Terms and these Author Terms.
As an author on the Dragonfly you have responsibilities to us and end viewers of your items. Please take the time to review these Author Terms carefully.
4. When we say ‘you’ in these Author Terms we are referring to you, the author. All other words defined or explained in the Dragonfly Terms have the same meaning here. If there’s any inconsistency between what we say in these Author Terms and what is in the Dragonfly Terms, what we say in these Author Terms prevails.
5. Read on for details about your author responsibilities, the process of selling your items on the Dragonfly and how you can earn money with us.
Becoming an author
6. Becoming an author is free: Becoming an author and putting your items up on the Dragonfly is free but there is a review process before your items go live. There are a few things you promise in exchange for the right to be an author, which are outlined in these Author Terms.
7. Process to become an author: There are easy steps you follow to sign up as an author, which are outlined on the Dragonfly “Become an Author” section of this guide. There you’ll find instructions and resources that will help you get started. You’ll also find information about payment, submission requirements and other important information about being an author on our Author Guide page.
How posting your poems works
8. What you’re providing:
- License: When you ‘post’ an item, you’re making your poem available to viewers for consumption, you’re not actually selling the item itself. Your are granting to Dragonfly and the end viewer the right to view for personal consumption.
9. Intentionally left blank.
10. Intentionally left blank.
11. Your earnings: When your item generates a ‘like’ click on Dragonfly, you will earn the commission as per commission structure. The author is not part of the ad revenue generation structure. Payment is strictly only based on the ‘like’ click commission structure.
12.Intentionally left blank.
13. Review: When you think you’ve created an item suitable for the Dragonfly, you can submit that item to us to check the quality. We have rules about what we accept and don’t accept and you can read up on these in our author-related Dragonfly information. Although we always like to provide constructive feedback we’re not obliged to give you any reasons for rejecting your item. We have the final say on whether items are accepted for the Dragonfly.
14. No Variation: You are not permitted to vary these terms (or our Dragonfly Terms) as they apply between you and end viewers, or to offer your items on different terms or with additional terms). Any different or additional terms that you try to impose on Dragonfly on your items will have no effect against end viewers/consumers or Dragonfly.
How do payments of earnings work
These sections explain how earning an income works on the Dragonfly and important information about payments to your account, and withdrawals and deductions from your account. Take a close look!
15. We will pay you the commission as per ‘like’ commission structure. In order for us to do this, you authorise us to collect payments for your items, to credit your Dragonfly account with your earnings, and to distribute your earnings to you.
16.Intentionally left blank.
17. Thresholds: We’ll make payments of your earnings based on certain minimum threshold amounts. The details of how much you need to have in your Dragonfly account before we can pay you is set out in our Author Guide page.
18. Earnings payment timing and methods:
- You ask us to hold the balance of your earnings until you request a payment. You can do this by setting up automatic payment requests. We will continue to hold your earnings until we receive a request for withdrawal unless for some reason we decide to pay you your earnings without a request.
- When we get a request for payment, we’ll pay you at the next payment cycle as stated on our Author Guide page.
- You must provide us with the correct details and payment method when you request your earnings.
- Despite section 18(1) above, we reserve the right to pay your earnings to you, at any time, at our discretion.
- You may bear some or all expenses incurred by us in paying monies to you.
19. Potential deductions:
- If an Dragonfly deems that an accounting error has occurred, a reconciliation of all accounts may be performed, which may result in a change to the net proceeds of your account. It is at the sole discretion of Dragonfly as to the final resolution of all accounting matters.
20. Payment errors: We will continue to hold your earnings if we’re not able to pay your earnings to you for whatever reason, including if:
- we do not have the correct payment details;
- we can’t contact you using the contact details that you have supplied;
- you have not made a request for payment; or
- you are asking for payment to be made to a person, an institution or a country that we’re legally prohibited from making payments to, or where there are limitations in the banking systems.
21. Currency conversions: Whenever we make a payment to you as an author, you are responsible for all costs of converting the amount of the payment from CAD dollars into your preferred currency. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
22. Holding earnings: If we decide that an item of yours does not comply with an applicable law or any of our rules or guidelines, including the Dragonfly Terms and these Author Terms, we can at our discretion disable the item or your membership. See our current policy for more information. We may also hold any earnings on that item for up to two years, and may release those held earnings during that period if we are satisfied that any dispute or issue about your item has been resolved.
23. Intentionally left blank.
- As an author on Dragonfly, you are responsible for paying any taxes of your earnings that apply.
- Intentionally left blank.
- If required by law, we may deduct or withhold taxes (including withholding tax) in connection with your being an author. If so, we will give you relevant documentation that’s required by law about the deduction or withholding (like documentation allowing you to access rebates or credits, or to manage your tax affairs).
- We may collect geographical location information to determine your location, and other information from you that may be used for tax purposes (so the information you give us must be accurate).
25. Invoices: intentionally left blank.
Your promises and responsibilities:
26. As an author you promise to us and each viewer of your items that:
- you own or have rights to use the intellectual property rights in that item and that item does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- the item is not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
- the item does not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
- the item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware.
27. If you make your items available on Dragonfly for free, then the promises you make to end viewers also apply to anyone who downloads your item from Dragonfly.
As an author you have responsibilities to us and end viewers of your items. Take a moment to understand your responsibilities!
28. As an author you promise to us that you will:
- not use Dragonfly to offer non-Dragonfly goods or services to end viewers;
- not ‘like’ your own items;
- follow any author guidelines provided by us, act in good faith, and provide assistance and co-operation as we reasonably request
29. end viewers’ use of your item: We are not liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of a end viewer or any other person making use of your item contrary to the Dragonfly Terms or the item’s license.
30. Other authors and affiliates’ use of your item: A Dragonfly affiliate can use your item in their promotion of the Dragonfly and no compensation is due for these uses. A fellow author may also use a watermarked preview of your item in a preview of their own Dragonfly item without requiring your permission and without compensating you. The other author must credit you by providing a link to your item on the Dragonfly.
31. Our use of your item: We may use the whole or part of your items to promote the Dragonfly. This promotional use may include use in fundraising, public relations, emails, on a features page, or on other sites (e.g. social networks). No compensation is payable for these uses.
32. Item removal: We have the right to remove an item for any reason, using our reasonable discretion. For example, we may review the libraries to keep the Dragonfly fresh and full of quality items that meet the latest standards and market trends. Also, issues about an item might be brought to our attention such as errors, representations, or even violations. Our goal is always to address these situations with you constructively. We also aim to give you notice before an item is removed, but this is not always feasible or possible, so we can’t guarantee this. We will not be responsible for any loss that you may suffer as a result of your item being removed.
Personal information of members
33. intentionally left blank.
34. If, over and above what Dragonfly provides you with, a member voluntarily provides you with (or your item accesses or uses) usernames, passwords or other personal information of the member (personal information), you must:
- provide a privacy notice, making the member aware of their personal information that you will receive and how you will handle that information;
- obtain the member’s permission to use their personal information;
- use the personal information only for the limited purposes for which the member gave permission; and
- meet any privacy and spam law requirements that apply to you.
Special deals and promotions
35. Sometimes we might negotiate volume sales or other arrangements with end viewers as part of creating business development opportunities for authors (special deals). In order for us to make this possible you give us permission to negotiate special deals. We might also offer pricing promotions to Dragonfly end viewers. Generally, this will be covered by our setting of prices. In some cases, if pricing promotions involve a change in the author fee or licensing terms, then it is a special promotion and the following sections are relevant.
36. Given the nature of special deals, the prices of your items under the special deal may vary from the advertised item price. This means that your earnings on the sale of your items in a special deal may not always be determined by reference to the advertised price of your item on the Dragonfly. Given the nature of special deals and special promotions, the author fee may differ for special deals or special promotions.
37. Before your item is included in a special deal or special promotion, we’ll provide you with information about the special deal or special promotion. We will let you know the time frame to opt out, and if you don’t do so, your item will be included in the special deal or special promotion.
38. Special deals and special promotions might also involve you entering supplementary licensing arrangements to allow the end viewer to use your item in particular ways. If these supplementary licenses are substantially different from the standard Dragonfly licenses, you will also have the opportunity to opt out of participating in the special deal or special promotion within the time frame we set out when we make the offer to you.
You will always have the option of opting out of any special deal or special promotion if it involves a change to the author fee. We decide the other details like pricing.
39. Relationship between us and you: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way. We are, however, your agent only for the limited purposes of your warranties to end viewers in section 20 – What authors promise you about items of the Dragonfly Terms and the disclaimer of your liability to end viewers in section 50 – Disclaimer. of the Dragonfly Terms.
a member who makes items available for view on Dragonfly.
End viewer services fee:
the fee for the services end viewers get from Dragonfly like 24/7 end viewer support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related end viewers services.
the price a end viewer pays for an item as detailed in section 9.
Go forth and author!
We’re very glad you’ve made it to the end of this important document. You can head over and read the Author Guide which will run through all the practical and operational stuff you’ll need to know.
We wish you all the very best in selling your items on the Dragonfly.
Version 1.0 – Effective date: September 1, 2015.